Thank you for visiting during our Meet The Teacher Open House this week - It is always so great to see everyone and have a chance to connect!
💗
Every other Friday, we have the amazing opportunity to come together as our larger Grade 2 community to learn and work together during a special Makerspace time which is lead by the amazing Mrs. Harris!
The Makerspace task for this week was designing and creating a 'Magical Yet' landscape! After choosing a partner, students quickly got to work planning their designs and making their ideas come to life using a variety of materials. During this time it is always wonderful watching the students collaborate and problem solve together as well as see their imaginations light up!
Once we returned back to our classroom , we reflected on our Makerspace experience and talked about 'What's important during Makerspace...'
- "I think the most important thing during Makerspace time is that we are communicating and collaborating together."
- "We need to listen to each other. Like I feel happy during Makerspace because me and my friends share our ideas and build things together!"
- "I like that we get to use different materials, it helps use learn how to use them."
- "The thing I like about Makerspace time is that you get to have partners and create things together. Sometimes I don't like working alone because I can't think of any ideas"
- "When something is hard for us during Makerspace, we try to solve it together as a group."






